Monday, November 19, 2007

Anybody Spare An Extra Set Of Hands?

Not a lot going on....just trying to get into some kind of Christmas knitting groove. I'm almost done with one cloth and only *omg, who knows how many* more to go. lol

I'm also working on charting up another dishcloth design that was requested by a friend. I have to write it out and get it test knitted to see how it looks. Still haven't gotten back around to the Pooh yet. I hope to have another one posted soon if all comes out well. It's being test knitted now.

I finally got the little book I have been waiting very anxiously for today. It's The Magic Loop...Sarah Hauschka's Magical Unvention. It's from Fiber Trends but I found it on eBay really cheap. I looked it over and now I so want to cast on some socks and give it a try but I don't have time. :(


It doesn't look like much...small, thin little thing....just from looking through it, I think maybe I can handle it. The illustrations are wonderful and it explains very well from what I can tell. Having never knitted socks, don't take my word for it just yet. We'll see after I get a pair of socks done. lol

I missed some awesome photos this morning taking the kids to school. The fog was lifting and it was almost eerie...I forgot the camera! DUH! I need two....one for the car and one for home.

Okay, back to the Christmas knitting. I really need some motivation...you would think the little amount of time left til Christmas would be motivation enough but so far....NO. Deadlines sort of take all the fun out of it. Maybe next year, I can get an early start so I can actually enjoy the process. Until next time.....Hugs!

3 comments:

magnoliasntea said...

Hi Melanie!
Um, my thoughts are..shelf the gift knitting till inspiration strikes and enjoy the holday & new ML book for now. :)
You will love ML! It's so simple; you'll really feel DUH when you see how simple it is, for real. I use it for bags, socks, etc.
Oh, and you may want to join the Magic Loop yahoo group, too. Very helpful.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/magic-loop/?yguid=121159633

Happy Thanksgiving, Y'all!

p.s. we had a lot of fog this a.m., too; very cool.

Unknown said...

That book would be interesting to look through. I'm very Anti-Circular needles though.. they drive me nuts when I use them... LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Christmas knitting? Christmas knitting? You mean you've started already LOL. Every year I say I'm going to start early and never do. LOL!!!

Oh I've always wanted to learn the ML, maybe this spring....

Hugs!!!!